An undercover investigator from the organization Animal Recovery Mission (ARM) filmed horrific animal abuse at Fair Oaks Farm in northern Indiana. Fair Oaks has long dismissed our concerns about animal treatment on their farm but that mountain of lies has come crashing down with the release of this investigation report.
The investigator witnessed “extreme abuse” and they reported that it was “evident that it was the normal way to do business.” A few highlights from the report, which you can read here: ARM Investigation Report of Fair Oaks Farm.
- Despite their denials, Fair Oaks does, in fact, take newborn calves from their mothers and send them to be slaughtered for veal, but not before suffering terrible violence at the hands of the workers.
- “Calves were pushed, thrown, slapped, kicked and slammed to the ground.”
- Newborn calves were force fed and beaten to death.
- Calves were witnessed being “stabbed and beaten with steel branding irons, faces and bodies burned with hot branding irons.”
- “If a cow as too sick to produce milk, employees were instructed to shoot the cow,” many of which did not immediately die and suffered for hours.
- Employees were trained to keep parts of their operations hidden from the public with the threat of being fired. This included the transport process and dumping dead bodies in a hidden dump area.
- Supervisors were witnessed using cocaine on the property and the supervisors sold illegal drugs (including marijuana grown on-site) to the surrounding communities.