More Animal Abuse at Fair Oaks Revealed
Animal Recovery Mission (ARM), the organization who last week released shocking abuse videos from Fair Oaks Farms has come forward with additional information and footage from a different farm owned by Fair Oaks showing the abuse was more widespread than what Fair Oaks admitted to. In the new video, workers can be seen beating cows that are waiting to be milked and snapping their tails if they refuse to move. You can view the newly released video at the bottom of the page.
Fair Oaks’ defense has been that these were isolated incidents carried out by a few bad employees, but the new footage seems to indicate otherwise. It wasn’t just 3 employees as Fair Oaks had told the public.
Last week ARM reported that the investigator witnessed “extreme abuse” and that it was “evident that it was the normal way to do business.” You can read that report here: ARM Investigation Report of Fair Oaks Farm.
With the newly release video and statement from ARM, we learned about many new abuses occurring on the farm, including:
- Workers can be seen beating cows who are waiting to be milked.
- When they refuse to move, workers are shown painfully snapping their tails in half.
- Right after giving birth and having their babies taken away, mother cows are forced right back onto the milking line with afterbirth still visible hanging out of them
- Bloodied and injured cows are seen forced onto the milking line
- Sick and injured cows are shown with their legs strapped
- “Sick and injured cows are denied medical attention.” The video shows cows in obvious distress and ARM reports that they are “allowed to suffer and die slow, grueling deaths.”
- A Fair Oaks employee describes the brutal process of forcing them into the milking line as being “like a joy ride for them.”
Fair Oaks has long dismissed our concerns about animal treatment on their farm but that mountain of lies has come crashing down with the release of this investigation report. The abuses you see here are not unique to Fair Oaks. Similar horrors happen throughout the entire dairy industry worldwide. It’s impossible to clean up an industry that is inherently violent.
Thanks so much to the hard working and courageous investigative team that exposed Fair Oaks for the abusive, lying propaganda machine that it is. Please visit their website at https://animalrecoverymission.org to follow this story.
Link to the new undercover video below.